Saturday, March 29, 2008

Taylor Swift - Picture To Burn [MV & Review]


Review: Taylor Swift, “Picture to Burn”

I think this is going to be a crystallizing record for Taylor Swift. It’s been selling briskly as a download long before it was ever released as a single, and it speaks more directly to the teenage audience than anything she’s released so far. That’s going to make it a huge hit for her.

However, for those who have been barely stomaching the MySpace teenybopper element of Swift’s music, this might be the record that turns them off completely. It’s so relentlessly adolescent, right down to her “nyah nyah nyah” vocal delivery, that her big revenge song ends up sounding like a kiddie version of “Before He Cheats.”

By the time she warned that her Daddy will beat him up if comes by the house again, I was done. I’m too old for this now, and I wouldn’t have enjoyed it when I actually was a teenager. I’ll check in again once her life experience catches up with her songwriting ability.

Written by Liz Rose & Taylor Swift

NEW Music Video




0 comments:

 
Copyright MusiC ManiaC 2008. All rights reserved.
Blog Powered by Blogger and Theme Design By You & Me Team